ISO 50001 is the international standard for energy management. It provides an effective framework for optimizing the use of energy and shaping up organisation’s commitment towards continually improve its energy management.
ISO 50001 offers a very specific focus on energy. Requirements for an organisation to establish an energy policy are specified within the standard, along with setting objectives and implementation plan. The standard compliments the existing management system standards.
Who needs ISO 50001?
ISO 50001 can be applied to any size and type of Industry wishing to understand significant areas of energy use, integrate energy efficiency into management practices allowing them to improve energy performance.
Benefits OF ISO 50001
- Reduction in energy costs through measurement and management of energy consumption leading to energy efficiency
- Promotion of energy efficiency throughout the supply chain
- Evaluate and prioritize new energy-efficient technologies
- Increase new business opportunities and meet legal and contractual obligations
- Increase stakeholder confidence with enhanced goodwill and reputation.